Monday, September 13, 2010

joy in vocation

Proverbs 16-18, 1 Cor. 7-8

Last Thursday and Friday, I attended a technical conference in DC.  I learned a lot, but I was very intimidated by how much other people know.  I realized that this type of fear is fundamentally driven by pride.  I need to have faith and trust the Lord to lead me to where he wants me to be.

Yesterday morning, Greg challenged us from Micah 6:8 to know God's heart and act justly.  He challenged us to do something about the injustices around us.  Specifically, I was challenged to financially support evangelical agencies that provide clean water and sanitation.

Yesterday afternoon through this morning, I have been focusing on being joyful and trusting the Lord instead of being anxious and worried about what I'm supposed to be doing.  I think I need to meditate on Prov. 3:5-6 and 16:3 and 9.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I am sorry that my attention has been focused on my labor instead of my God.  Lord, please forgive me and deliver me from fear and worry to faith and obedience.  I pray that as your joy flows through me, I will be salt and light to the people around me.  May I never forget that my vocation is simply a vehicle to bless others and make disciples.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. i appreciate your transparency and your heart for God's Word. you've got a cool virtual means of encouraging the body of Christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, eikon. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete