Wednesday, September 1, 2010

praise and thanks; worship

Psalm 135-136

 135:1 Praise the Lord!

   Praise the name of the Lord!
      Praise him, you who serve the Lord,

 136:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
         His faithful love endures forever.

Something that the Lord has been dealing with me is what I am working for. Is it really for Him? Or do I deep inside really want the glory for myself? Thinking of Heb 12:1-2, am I striving dutifully to fulfill responsibilities? Or am I joyfully longing to be with Christ? Am I joyfully walking with Him, since He is not only the Prize, but He is the Way. Am I experiencing Him daily, and full of His Spirit?  Am I really loving Him?  Am I really worshipping Him, or am I going through the motions?

Heavenly Father, I want to love you with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  I feel like I am so far from that.  Lord, please let me experience you and love you.  I want to know you, Lord.  I want to walk with you.  I am tired of working.  I want to LIVE!  Fill me with your LIFE!  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment