Tuesday, September 14, 2010

plans and victory

Proverbs 19-21, Romans 3

 19:21 You can make many plans,
      but the Lord's purpose will prevail.

It seems like it is in my best interest to cooperate with the Lord.  If I'm running around doing whatever I want, then I am just wasting a lot of time and energy.  Alternatively, if I get with His program, then I ramp up, do my best, and trust Him for the Victory:

 21:30 No human wisdom or understanding or plan
      can stand against the Lord.

 31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle,
      but the victory belongs to the Lord.

Heavenly Father, please give me faith and endurance.  Lord, please draw me to you.  I want to know you and walk with you.  Lord, I want to cooperate with you; I don't want to waste my life on things that won't count in eternity.  Lord, please give me focus and determination to obey you - singleminded obedience.  I love you, Lord.  Please give me rest in your will.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment