Friday, September 3, 2010

pure desire

Psalm 140-142

 142:5 Then I pray to you, O Lord.
      I say, "You are my place of refuge.
      You are all I really want in life.

Heavenly Father, you are my refuge.  Lord Jesus, you are my Savior.  Holy Spirit, you are my comfort and strength.  Lord, please purify my desires!  I want to want you only.  I want you to be the center of my life, and everything else an outflow of your Life, Love, and Light.  Lord Jesus, you are the vine, and and I am a branch; I will just shrivel up and die if I don't abide in you.  Lord, please help me stay connected.  Heavenly Father, please prune me (as painful as that might be) so that I can bear fruit.  Holy Spirit, please produce your fruit in me for your glory.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment