Monday, September 6, 2010

holy expectation

Psalm 148-150, Acts 27, 1 Corinthians 1

2 I am writing to God's church in Corinth, to you who have been called by God to be his own holy people. He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as he did for all people everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours. ... 7 Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. 8 He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. 9 God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. ... 30 God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin.

I want to live a holy life by the power of the Holy Spirit.  I want to be consciously waiting for Christ's return - all the time.  I want to live like I am united with Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for calling me to holiness in Christ.  Thank you, Lord, for salvation in Christ.  Please grow me, Father.  Please purify me and use me as a holy man in your Kingdom.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment