Wednesday, September 8, 2010

seeking wisdom

Proverbs 3-5, Romans 1, 1 Cor 3

My dad taught me these verses when I was a kid:

 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
      do not depend on your own understanding.
 6 Seek his will in all you do,
      and he will show you which path to take.

This has become one of my favorites (I have it on the background of my computer desktop):

 4:18 The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
      which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.

I am traveling to DC today for a research development meeting, and as I continue to ask the Lord to refine the vision that He has for me, I am encouraged by these verses (both spiritually and professionally, if it is possible to distinguish):

 4:25 Look straight ahead,
      and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
 26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
      stay on the safe path.
 27 Don't get sidetracked;
      keep your feet from following evil.

Heavenly Father, I am ignorant and foolish.  Lord, please teach me to fear you and seek wisdom.  I want to know the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  I want to be in unity with you and obedient to the vision that you have for me.  Lord, please give me clarity of thought, and may I guard my heart against pride, lust, and laziness.  Lord, I want to honor you and enjoy you.  Please fill me with your love, peace, joy, light, and life.  I pray that you will use me to bless others in the name of Jesus Christ, and it is in His name that I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment