Tuesday, September 7, 2010

wisdom

Proverbs 1-2, Acts 28, 1 Cor. 2

Prov. 1:1 These are the proverbs of Solomon, David's son, king of Israel. 2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline, to help them understand the insights of the wise. ...  7 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

 2:1 My child, listen to what I say,
      and treasure my commands.
 2 Tune your ears to wisdom,
      and concentrate on understanding.
 3 Cry out for insight,
      and ask for understanding.
 4 Search for them as you would for silver;
      seek them like hidden treasures.
 5 Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord,
      and you will gain knowledge of God.
 6 For the Lord grants wisdom!
      From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. ...
 9 Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair,
      and you will find the right way to go.
 10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
      and knowledge will fill you with joy.
 11 Wise choices will watch over you.
      Understanding will keep you safe.

 1 Cor. 2:6 Yet when I am among mature believers, I do speak with words of wisdom, but not the kind of wisdom that belongs to this world or to the rulers of this world, who are soon forgotten. 7 No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God—his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began. ... 12 And we have received God's Spirit (not the world's spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us. ... 16... But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.

Heavenly Father, I praise you for your glorious and mysterious plan for Jesus to become human so that your Spirit could enter humanity.  Lord, please grant me wisdom to walk with you.  Lord, I want to know Christ and operate with the mind of Christ.  I want to live in grace and faith, according to the power of your Holy Spirit.  May I be obedient to the Lordship of Christ today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment