Tuesday, March 8, 2011

unbelief

Mark 6:1-29
 
Jesus went back home, but the people there thought He was just a carpenter, so they didn't believe Him.
5And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6And he marveled because of their unbelief.
Maybe we are like Herod Antipas and the way he dealt with John the Baptist.  "I am the king of my own life, basically doing what I want, but knowing that God has a standard for the way I should live.  I hear these preachers that talk about what God wants for us, but I just don't know if I really want to sell out, all out for God.  That sounds crazy and extreme.  I would rather stay here in the middle and pretend that I am a good person, and try to ignore my inner conscience that is anxious about spiritual matters."
20for Herod feared John, knowing that he was a righteous and holy man, and he kept him safe. When he heard him, he was greatly perplexed, and yet he heard him gladly.
Heavenly Father, I want to give you my whole life and turn all control over to you.  Lord, I want to believe in Jesus as much as I can; please help me grow in my faith.  Lord, I need you, and I know that my life is a mess without you.  Please rescue me from myself and my own way of doing things, which ultimately leads to death.  I want to follow your way, and I want to heed your instruction from your servants.  Lord Jesus, I want to follow you and know you.  Please help me see you and seek you.  I love you, Lord.  Holy Spirit, please keep me in step with you today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment