Thursday, March 10, 2011

dirty heart

Mark 7:1-23

The Lord has been impressing me recently with the importance of acknowledging the things that are going on inside my heart and mind.  When I have an impure motive or thought, I need to notice it.  And then I need to be honest with the Lord about it.  He already knows the condition of my heart, but He will purify my heart when I tell Him what is going on inside and that I need Him.

20 He went on: "What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person."

Heavenly Father, thank you for your patience with me.  Lord, please help me be conscious of the issues inside me so that I can confess them to you so that you will heal me.  Lord, I love you, and I want to have the heart and mind of Christ.  Please transform me by renewing my mind, and please change the desires of my heart to match the desires of your heart.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment