Monday, March 7, 2011

fear versus faith

Mark 5:21-43
 
The results of faith are peace and healing:
 
34And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease."
 
But the opposite of faith is fear:
 
36But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, "Do not fear, only believe."
 
I am realizing that I have been very anxious about my work these past few weeks.  I need to turn these matters over to the Lord and put my faith in Him instead of myself.  I want the peace and joy that typify the life of faith.
 
Heavenly Father, please help me.  Lord Jesus, help me cast all of my cares upon you.   Holy Spirit, please turn my attention to Christ and turn my heart toward Him.  Lord, I want to mediate on you and enjoy you so that I won't fear.  I want to trust you.  Please help me.  I love you, Lord, and I'm asking in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment