Tuesday, March 1, 2011

religion

Mark 2:18-28
 
Jesus ate with sinners, and His disciples didn't fast.  These behaviors bothered the pharisees and disiples of John the Baptist.  How can the groomsmen fast when they are celebrating with the groom?   Our purpose is to enjoy Christ.
 
Jesus and His disciples picked some grain to eat on the Sabbath.  This bothered the pharisees.
 
Jesus said,  27..."The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath."
 
Switchfoot said, "We were meant to live for so much more."  It sure is easy to slip into religion.
 
Heavenly Father, please keep me from being a religionist!  I don't want to just go through life following rules; I want to follow Christ!  I want to know Christ and walk with Him.  I want to know the Holy Spirit and keep in step with Him.  I want to enjoy your company and live out your plan for me.  I love you, and I want to know you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment