Wednesday, March 2, 2011

following Christ

Mark 3:1-19

It seems to me that this statement should be descriptive of all Believers:

14 And he appointed twelve (whom he also named apostles) so that they might be with him and he might send them out to preach

While not everyone is given a gift of apostleship, perhaps every follower of Christ should (1) "be with Him" and (2) go out into the world as a witness of His love, light, and life.

Heavenly Father, please help me "be with Christ".  Lord, I want to know you.  I want to spend time with you in your Scriptures each day.  I want to spend time with you in prayer each day.  I want to be with you and aware of what you are doing and how you are leading me every moment.  Lord, please draw me close to you so that everywhere I go, I can be a witness of your mercy and grace.  I love you, Lord.  Thank you for loving me and saving me.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment