Monday, March 21, 2011

commandments

Mark 12:18-44
 
I think these should be the first verses that I teach my children to memorize:
29Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' 31 The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
I also want to demonstrate what that looks like, so that they will love Him at an early age.
 
Heavenly Father, I believe that you are the one, true God.  I trust you with my life.  I want to love you with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength; please teach me how to do that.  And please help me love my neighbor as myself.  I want to bless others so that they will bless you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment