Wednesday, January 25, 2012

planting

Matthew 13:1-35

 3-8"What do you make of this? A farmer planted seed. As he scattered the seed, some of it fell on the road, and birds ate it. Some fell in the gravel; it sprouted quickly but didn't put down roots, so when the sun came up it withered just as quickly. Some fell in the weeds; as it came up, it was strangled by the weeds. Some fell on good earth, and produced a harvest beyond his wildest dreams.

Yesterday morning, one of the leaders of one of the Christian student organizations that I advise stopped by my office to talk about school and ministry.  He has had some challenges with a few of the engineering courses, and he wanted to get some advice.  I encouraged him to persevere and study diligently this semester, and I encouraged him to pray and seek God about the future direction of his life.  I am excited about how God might use his engineering skills to advance the Kingdom.

Yesterday afternoon, one of the new professors in engineering was walking by my office, and we struck up a conversation.  He gave me a quick tour of his research lab, and I showed him my lab, and we brainstormed some potential ideas for research collaboration.  When we got back to my office, he noticed the Chinese print of Hebrews 11:1 hanging on my wall.  He told me that the first character means, "believe".  As I was flipping to Hebrews 11:1 in my Bible, he told me that he didn't practice religion.  I read the verse and explained how this verse is important for me because sometimes you can't see, but you have to believe.  You have to trust God.  This is faith.

Heavenly Father, thank you for these opportunities to minister on campus.  Please help me be open and aware of how I can be available to share your light, love, and life in a non-religious way.  I love you, Lord.  Please flow through me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment