Thursday, January 5, 2012

repentance

Matthew 3:1-12

I need to live a life of repentance.  Repentance is not just something you do once and then you're done.  It is a daily, hourly, continuous process of turning from my own way to God's way.

8 Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.

Sadly, I confess that I have overextended myself in work.  I have let the pressures and responsibilities of work consume my mind these past several months.  And I need to change.  I spent a considerable amount of time over the Christmas break working on a report for work, and I regret it.  I have to learn how to leave work at work.  I want to do a good job, but I can't let it consume my life.

Heavenly Father, please help me repent of being a workaholic.  Lord, I love you, and I need your life breathed in to me.  I feel pretty dry these days, probably because I haven't maintained a balance in my life that honors you.  Lord, please show me your grace and mercy and lead me to a lifestyle that pleases Christ.  I want to work for you, Lord Jesus, not the world.  Please give me eyes to see and a heart to believe.  I ask in the name of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment