Sunday, January 22, 2012

weary and heavy burdened

Matthew 11:20-30

 28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Yes. Yes. Yes.  How?  OK, How?

I'm still not sure how.

Heavenly Father, please help me learn how to rest.  I feel like resting is wasting time.  Think about all of the good things that I could get accomplished instead of resting.  I feel guilty and lazy when I am not working.  I know resting is important, but how do I do it?  Lord, please help me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Nate Ingle24/1/12 3:16 PM

    It's not easy. Following the path of the Beatitudes and allowing the Fruit of the Spirit to spring forth from you is how.
    Example, His peace is equated with the gentle (meek) mentioned in the beatitudes. Peace is a sense of resolve in our faith in Christ and His promises when anxiety hits. The only way we can be gentle (meek) is to be resolved with Christ in our spirit; knowing He is the answer! Once we realize that, and live it out, no matter what we face, we will experience His peace; and gentleness will flow.

    That is just one way, out of 9. It's not a "surface" answer, it digs deep and gets ugly. Praying for ya, and can relate.

    ReplyDelete