Wednesday, January 18, 2012

perspective

Matthew 9:18-38

35-38Then Jesus made a circuit of all the towns and villages. He taught in their meeting places, reported kingdom news, and healed their diseased bodies, healed their bruised and hurt lives. When he looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd. "What a huge harvest!" he said to his disciples. "How few workers! On your knees and pray for harvest hands!"

It is so easy to focus on the responsibilities of work and family and miss the big picture.  I need to have the focus and compassion that Jesus had - to notice people and how I can help them.  I need to pray for harvesters.

Heavenly Father, please help me focus on you and your kingdom and how you might use me to help other people.  Lord, please fill me with your love, peace, and joy so that I may be a blessing to others.  Please use me to help other people see how they can connect with you and be used by you to help others do the same.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment