Tuesday, January 24, 2012

religion

Matthew 12:15-50

15 But Jesus knew what they were planning. So he left that area, and many people followed him. He healed all the sick among them, 16 but he warned them not to reveal who he was. 17 This fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah concerning him:  18 "Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen.
      He is my Beloved, who pleases me.
   I will put my Spirit upon him,
      and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
 19 He will not fight or shout
      or raise his voice in public.
 20 He will not crush the weakest reed
      or put out a flickering candle.
      Finally he will cause justice to be victorious.
 21 And his name will be the hope
      of all the world."


I feel so religious recently.  I want to love God with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  I want to love my neighbor as myself.  I want to love in response to His love.  But I feel like I'm just going through the motions a lot.  I'm tired.  I need rest.  But I don't know how to rest.  Brandi needs rest, too.  But she's a 24-7 mom, and the boys use up most of that 24.  I realize that the magnitude of my problems is pretty small compared to most people in the world, but it says here that he won't crush the weakest reed.  But what about healing the reed?   What about restoring the reed?  His name is the hope of all the world.  I know that this is eternally true, but I want to feel it.  I want to have joy and peace when I think about His name being the hope of all the world.  I want to experience it for myself, day after day after day.  I want to experience His hope.

Heavenly Father, I love you.  Please help me.  Help me keep running the race with perseverance.  Please help me be an encouragement and help to my wife.  Please help me be a good leader for my sons.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment