Wednesday, January 4, 2012

holiday observations and New Year resolutions

Matthew 2:16-23

A few observations during our Christmas vacation:
  • Time marches on, quickly.  Vacations fly by.  Time with family and friends is brief, so make it count.  And children grow up fast, so don't miss it.
  • My Dad reminded me that "We are spiritual beings in physical bodies."  But it is easy to be distracted from the spiritual reality by what seems urgent in this world.
  • Forbearance means "putting up with people".  A lot of times, you just need to let stuff go for the sake of preserving harmony.
  • Investment in other people's pursuit of Christ is worth it.
  • Fellowship with Brothers and Sisters in Christ will be so sweet in Eternity.

A few New Year resolutions:

  • Read through the New Testament and pray through each day's Scriptures reading to focus on developing my friendship with Christ.
  • Meet weekly with several Brothers for discipleship.
  • Continue learning Spanish.
  • Have a "date night" at least once per month where we hire a babysitter so that Brandi and I can actually have a real, uninterrupted conversation.
  • Be proactive and intentional with my family and not work when I get home in the evenings.
  • Be consistent in daily physical exercise.

Heavenly Father, I want to seek first your Kingdom and your righteousness and trust you to take care of everything else.  I want to focus on you - knowing you and walking with you.  Lord, please deliver me from selfishness and religion, and help me have a fresh, genuine relationship with you.  Lord, please help me show your kindness and love to my family and the people that I work with.  I love you, and I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment