Tuesday, January 10, 2012

perfection

Matthew 5:21-48

48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Seems like a high mark, to me.  Of course, there is no way that I can be perfect.  I get angry; I struggle with lust and pride; and I don't want to love my enemies.  I need the character of Christ in me.  But how do I get it?

Heavenly Father, how do I get close to you?  How do I experience your love and allow it to flow through me into the lives of others?  How can I be perfect?  I don't want to work for your approval in a religious way, but I do want to prove by the way that I live that I am your son.  But I think that can only happen if I allow Christ to direct me by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Lord, I want to be a spiritual man.  Please help me live in the Spirit.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment