Wednesday, September 12, 2012

aroma

2 Cor 2

14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. ...

You know how some smells just really get you.  Like the smell of popcorn in a movie theater that you can't resist, and you just have to buy some!  Or when you can smell popcorn wafting town the hall at work and you want to go steal their popcorn.  Or the smell of fajitas in a Mexican food restaurant (especially when you hear them served sizzling!). 

Or the pungent smell of a toddler's dirty diaper.  Yuk!  It's like it sticks to the inside of your nostrils and won't go away for hours.  Yuk.

But I think our lives should be polarizing.  Like popcorn and poop.  Like life and death.

Heavenly Father, I want my life to smell like Jesus.  I want to have the aroma of Christ present throughout my daily living so that all of those around me consider the presence of Christ in my life.  Lord, please give me opportunities to share the love of Christ.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment