Friday, September 28, 2012

every man's battle - walking by the Spirit

Gal 5
16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. ... 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity ... 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
I'm not sure that I have appreciated the importance of verse 16 before.  (I usually just jump to verse 22.)  And I think it is interesting that the bad list in verse 19 begins with sexual sin.  Certainly common to man.
 
It seems to me that the key here is to walk by the Spirit - live by the Spirit, and keep in step with the Spirit.
 
Heavenly Father, please help me walk by the Spirit.  I want to live by the Spirit and keep in step with the Spirit.  Lord, please produce the fruit of the Spirit in me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment