Thursday, September 20, 2012

warfare

2 Cor 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ

As I think about these verses along with Eph. 6, it seems to me that the Sword of the Spirit is the principal weapon.  It is through a growing understanding of God through His Scriptures that we wage war against the enemy spiritual forces.  Thoughts and arguments are critical battles within the battlefields of our minds.  Transforming our minds into obedient Minds of Christ is the mission.  This is accomplished through a daily, hourly, moment-by-moment humble submission to the authority of Scripture and application to the details of our lives.  Consistent and daily reading, meditating, and discussing of Scripture is critical.  Personal meditation, as well as groups of disciples.

Heavenly Father, please help me submit to your Word and respond in obedience.  On a daily basis, I need to humble myself before you through the reading of your Word, and I need to listen to you and obey.  Please help me learn the discipline of responding in specific obedience.  I love you, and I want to know you and walk with you.  I want to be useful to you.  Please use me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment