Thursday, September 6, 2012

gifts

1 Cor 12

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.

How are we using our spiritual gifts to build up the Body?  I wonder what the Church would look like in the US if pastors would preach/teach more about spiritual gifts and serving the Body instead of focusing on denominational doctrinal issues or how to live a better life.  If everyone has been given a spiritual gift, then how do we help people discover their giftedness and use it?  Maybe the spiritual gifts test/questionnaires/surveys are helpful for pointing you in a direction, but it seems to me that gifts are discovered by serving.  As the Body is built up by your service, there will probably be some confirmation of your giftedness.

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing me to be in the Body of Christ.  Please help me use my gifts and help others to use their gifts.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment