Wednesday, September 5, 2012

communion

1 Cor 11

23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me." 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it." 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord's death until he comes again.

Thanks to my Brother Jayson, communion has become much more important to me over the past eight years.  I have realized that celebrating the Lord's supper is one of the characteristic marks of identifying with Christ. I think it is very important to remember the death of Christ and His love for us every time we meet together as Brothers and Sisters.  And I think it is important to remember that He is returning soon.  I think it is also important to remember that we are His body; we are the church, and this is clearly shown through celebrating communion.

Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus and His death and resurrection.  Thank you for paying the penalty of death for me, and thank you for the promise and hope of Christ's return and our resurrection with Him.  Thank you for the Church and for allowing me a place and function in the body.  I pray that I will serve you well and continue to support and build up the body.  Lord, please help me continue to grow in understanding and appreciation of communion.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment