Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Believe and obey

Gal 3

22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

On my walk this morning, I asked the Lord, "Why am I so busy?"  I didn't get an audible answer, but I did get the sense that at least part of why I am busy is from pride, guilt, or lack of focus with respect to over-committing myself.  As I read the Scriptures this morning, I am reminded that I do not have to work for God's favor, only believe in Jesus.  Believe and obey.  Listen and obey.  Actions apart from obedience are a waste of time and a distraction from building the Kingdom.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I want to listen to you and obey you.  I believe in Jesus, and I want to walk with you and follow you.  Holy Spirit, I want to walk in your way and hear you guide me.  Please lead me, and I will obey.  Please deliver me from my own way, and lead me to walk in the Way of Jesus.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment