Thursday, September 27, 2012

sonship

Gal 4
4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. 6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7 So you are no longer a slave, but God's child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.
This is a powerful reminder of how expensive our freedom is.  Not only are we free, but we have been adopted as children of God.  How great is His love, that we should be called the children of God.
 
And if I am a child of God, then what does that mean for daily living?  It means I should abide with Him.  I should walk with Him.  I should dwell in His presence.  It means I should know Him and obey Him.  I should be attentive to His Spirit within me.
 
Heavenly Father, I want to abide with you.  Holy Spirit, I want to follow you and listen to you today.  Lord, please help me obey!  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment