Monday, September 17, 2012

encouragement

2 Cor 7

I have the highest confidence in you, and I take great pride in you. You have greatly encouraged me and made me happy despite all our troubles. ... But God, who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us by the arrival of Titus. His presence was a joy, but so was the news he brought of the encouragement he received from you. ... 13 We have been greatly encouraged by this.  In addition to our own encouragement, we were especially delighted to see how happy Titus was about the way all of you welcomed him and set his mind at ease.

I think God uses our fellowship to encourage each other.  One of the enemy's most strategic attacks is with discouragement.  So, it is very important for us to encourage each other.  In general, I think we need to be more intentional and direct about encouraging each other.

Heavenly Father, please help me be an encouragement to my family and my church, especially our pastor.  Lord, please use me to encourage the broken to allow you to heal them.  I love you, and I want to be useful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment