Friday, December 27, 2013

attitude

(I just found this in my drafts folder from over a week ago.) 

Hebrews 3:15 ESV

As it is said, "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."

This quote from the Psalms is repeated three times in Hebrews 3-4.  Seems like it is pretty important.

I was in a store last night with the boys, and Jude didn't want to hold my hand, so I told him that I would let him go, but he had to stay with me.  Well, of course, he wanted to go off by himself, so I told him to stay with me, but he didn't respond, so I swatted him on the leg.  He gave a defiant little grunt, so I swatted him again and told him not to have a bad attitude.  He defiantly grunted again, so I swatted him a third time.  Finally, he submitted, obeyed, and walked with me.

That fallen human nature is so defiant!  We rebel against authority, especially

Heavenly Father, please help me have a tender and humble heart with you. Please help me be submissive and obedient to you.  Lord, please help me set my mind on the Spirit, not the flesh.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment