Sunday, December 8, 2013

walk worthy

Eph 5-6, Col 1

Husbands and wives, spiritual armor, preeminence of Christ... wow!  This is rich stuff. I wish I could take more time to study these passages!

The verses that jumped out at me this morning were:

1:9 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lordfully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. 11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
  1. filled with knowledge of His will, spiritual wisdom and understanding (v.9)
  2. SO THAT you will WALK WORTHY (v. 10a)
  3. bearing fruit in every good work (v. 10b)
  4. increasing in knowledge (repeat) (v. 10c)  
    (The Greek word for "knowledge" is the same in v. 9 and 10.)
This enduring righteous living is accomplished by His power, as we demonstrate patience, joy, and thanksgiving.  The core of our faith is the truth that He has saved us from sin and death to walking in the the light, the kingdom of the Son of God, Jesus Christ.  We are motivated to persevere out of love and gratitude.

Heavenly Father, I want to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to you.  Lord, please correct my misunderstandings of you, and please correct my misbehavior.  Lord, I love you, and I am so thankful for the love and salvation that you have shown me.  Lord, may I be useful in the Body to help others experience you and walk worthy. I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment