Sunday, December 1, 2013

End of the semester

2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

The end of the semester is one of the busiest and most stressful times for me.  On my walk this morning, I kept praying, "Lord Jesus, please help me keep my focus on you.  Please help me seek you.  Keep my mind set on the spirit." 

It is so easy for me to think about overdue publications, reviews, homework assignments and grading, class projects, presentations, advising doctoral dissertations, masters theses, senior design projects, letters of recommendation, faculty search committees, ... not to mention family and church responsibilities - I feel my anxiety and blood pressure rise just listing these.

"Lord, I need you, oh I need you.  Every hour I need you."

I am weak and weary.  I am worn out from trying to do it in my own strength.  I must submit to His grace.  I must learn to live in a state of submission.  I have to confess my weakness and my need for Him.  I have to learn to rest in His providence.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your grace.  I am insufficient, but your grace is sufficient.  I am weak, but you are powerful.  Lord, please help me trust you and rest in you.  Lord, may you receive honor as I submit to you and testify to your power at work in me and through me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment