Thursday, December 12, 2013

Works and words

James 1-3

I think it is interesting that after James talks about faith coupled with works, the next topic he addresses is the quality of our speech:

James 2:24, 26 ESV
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. ... For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

James 3:2 ESV
For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the faith that you have given me, and thank you for accomplishing good works through me.  May others see good works and praise you.  Lord, may the words of my mouth demonstrate the lordship of Christ and His holiness.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment