Sunday, December 29, 2013

We will overcome

Revelation 12:7-11 ESV
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.

1. By the blood of the Lamb
2. And the word of our testimony

The war is won, but the battle continues.  So, in the short term, we must be focused and strategic in our battle against the enemy:

Revelation 12:12 ESV
Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!"

He fights fiercely, and dirty.  But we are not ignorant of his schemes (2 Cor. 2:11), and we are equipped to fight and stand firm (Eph 6).

One of the enemy's common strategies is accusation and discouragement.  He tries to get us focused on our failures to trick us into feeling defeated.  I heard a saying, "When the devil reminds me of my past, I remind him of his future."

We have grace in Christ Jesus, and His mercies are new every morning.  Great is His faithfulness to us!

Heavenly Father, thank you for providing the victory!  Thank you for your love, mercy, and faithfulness.  Lord, may I be confident in the work and victory of Christ, humble with respect to my own strength, and bold in the power of your Holy Spirit at work in me and through me.  Lord, may I be a consistent encourager to saints to continue fighting faithfully.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment