Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'm not crazy

Acts 21-26

As Paul was being rescued from violent Jews in Jerusalem (Acts 22), he was given permission to speak, and he boldly shared his testimony of meeting Jesus, with the very people who had just attempted to kill him.  He simply told them what happened to him and how He obeyed what Jesus told him to do.

While presenting to King Agrippa (Acts 26), Paul again shared his testimony of meeting Jesus.

24 And as [Paul] was saying these things in his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, "Paul, you are out of your mind; your great learning is driving you out of your mind." 25 But Paul said, "I am not out of my mind, most excellent Festus, but I am speaking true and rational words.

Paul gives us the example of simply sharing what we have experienced of Christ, even if it may seem foolish to some.  But we are sharing the Gospel - the Good News of Jesus Christ, and I believe that, as we are faithful to scatter the seed, some hearts are receptive and will produce a crop of a hundred times the original.

Heavenly Father, please help me to humbly and boldly share the truth of Christ, especially through my own experience of your goodness toward me.  I love you, and I pray that I will be a faithful witness of your love.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment