Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Godly living

Philippians 1:9-11, 27 NIV

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. ... Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. ... I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

One word to summarize our godly living: love (agape).  And Paul prays that our love would mature with knowledge and discernment SO THAT we will live pure and blameless lives in honor and expectation of Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the love that you have shown us in Christ, and thank you for pouring your love through us.  Lord, please help me grow and mature in my love with knowledge and discernment so that I will live blamelessly to bring you honor and glory.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment