Friday, August 31, 2007

It's all about Jesus Christ!

 
First, I praise God for my High Priest, Jesus Christ, Who also happens to be my once-and-for-all atoning sacrifice!  Wow!  This just blows my mind:
Hebrews 8:
6 But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises. ...
10 But this is the new covenant I will make
      with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord:
   I will put my laws in their minds,
      and I will write them on their hearts.
   I will be their God,
      and they will be my people.
 
Hebrews 9:
11 So Christ has now become the High Priest over all the good things that have come. He has entered that greater, more perfect Tabernacle in heaven, which was not made by human hands and is not part of this created world. 12 With his own blood—not the blood of goats and calves—he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.   13 Under the old system, the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a young cow could cleanse people's bodies from ceremonial impurity. 14 Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins. 15 That is why he is the one who mediates a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant. ... 22 ... For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness. ...
26 ... But now, once for all time, he has appeared at the end of the age to remove sin by his own death as a sacrifice.  27 And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, 28 so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.
Wooohoooo!!!  Hallelujah!  Praise the Lord!  Wow, that is RICH! 
 
This ties in with what I've been learning the last couple of weeks:  Christ doesn't just want us to know about Him; He wants us to know Him, and He will change our lives!  My life is constantly changing because of Who He is, so I want not only my speech and my actions to reflect Christ's love, but I want my heart to be close to God.  He is changing me from the inside!  This is not an adherence to a set of religious constraints; this is a metamorphosis!  He died for me so that I can live for Him.  He abolished my slavery to sin so that I can freely follow Christ!  God doesn't just care what I say and do, He is concerned with who I am - my character.
 
Second, I praise God for giving me such a godly and capable wife!
Proverbs 31:
10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
      She is more precious than rubies.
11 Her husband can trust her,
      and she will greatly enrich his life. ...
17 She is energetic and strong,
      a hard worker. ...
28 ... Her husband praises her:
29 "There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
      but you surpass them all!"
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you so much for sending Jesus Christ to die for my sins and give me eternal life.  Thank you for changing me and molding me.  Lord, I pray that you will continue to mold my mind and my heart with your precepts so that I will understand and obey you.  I confess you as my God, I want to be part of your people.  I love you, Lord; please grow my love for you.  Lord, help me share this love with those around me that they may know how great You are!  Lord, thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful partner who also seeks your face.  Lord, I am so encouraged by her love for you and her compassion for people.  I pray that you will continue to humble me and wash me with your Word.  Help me be the husband and friend you want me to be.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, my High Priest and atoning sacrifice, the One Who has redeemed me from destruction and given me abundant life in the Spirit of the Almighty God!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment