Friday, February 12, 2010

cleanliness

Leviticus 13

This Sunday, we are going to study the passage in 1 Cor. 5 where Paul told the Corinthian church to expel a Brother from their fellowship because he was openly and unrepentantly living in a lifestyle sin.  I think the subject of infectious skin diseases and mold/mildews relates:  if you don't remove the infection, then it will spread to the rest of the body/clothing.

13:45 "Those who suffer from a serious skin disease must tear their clothing and leave their hair uncombed. They must cover their mouth and call out, 'Unclean! Unclean!' 46 As long as the serious disease lasts, they will be ceremonially unclean. They must live in isolation in their place outside the camp.

The quarantine is not punishment; it is promoting a healthy body.  In our modern society, we bend over backwards to ensure the freedom of the individual at the cost of the welfare of the whole.  This is wrong, especially applied to the Church.

Heavenly Father, please show me any "skin diseases" or "mold" in my life.  Father, please cleanse me and make me holy like your Son.  Lord Jesus, please illuminate my mind and shine your light through me.  May I be pure in heart so that I can see you.  Holy Spirit, please give me power, boldness, and sensitivity to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ today.  I ask in His name.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment