Tuesday, February 9, 2010

sin is a big deal

Leviticus 6-7, Matthew 25:1-30

As I think about all of these rules about burnt-offerings, grain-offerings, peace-offerings, sin-offerings, and guilt-offerings, it occurred to me that sin is a big deal to God.  I am afraid that it is very easy to become complacent in our walk with the Lord.  As the Lord delivers us from sin, we feel relief from that particular sin, so we might not realize that we need to turn around and ask the Lord to show us the next one that He wants to deliver us from.  It is a big deal because sin separates us from God - eternally for those who do not place their faith in Christ alone, and relationally for those who have trusted Christ for salvation.  The Lord wants us to be close to Him, and He has made a way for us to be right with Him - through the person and work of Jesus Christ.  The Gospel is not just for someone to pray a prayer once for all eternity, the Gospel is for daily living!

1 Jn 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me of my sin. Thank you for providing the way for me to be reconciled to you through Christ's perfect sacrifice.  Lord, please open my eyes to the spiritual condition of my heart, and show me what you need to deal with next so that I can be holy like you are holy.  Lord Jesus, you are my righteousness.  Holy Spirit, please convict me of sin and lead me to walk in repentance.  May your love and grace abound, as they always do.  I praise you for your kindness, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment