Thursday, February 25, 2010

perspective

Numbers 9-10

Well, I got into the lab this morning to get rolling on experiments, and found that someone had cranked up the temperature on the oven and melted the lids to my ICP vials.  I rinsed the vials and lids yesterday, so I set the oven to 50 degrees Celsius and left the door slightly open to dry them by this morning.  I guess someone else needed it set to 180 Celsius and didn't notice THAT MY LIDS WERE IN THERE!  I still don't know who did it, but I realize that this is one of those situations where you have to make a choice: do I want to be right, or do I want to be happy?  I see that it was partially my fault, because I should have put a GIANT sign on the oven explaining my situation because you have to spell everything out these days since apparently no one has any common sense anymore.  So, I need to forgive the person before I even know who did it or why, and I need to let the Lord handle it.  If I give it to Him, I am sure that He will be faithful to the promise of Romans 8:28-29, and He will ultimately use this frustrating situation for good.  I can probably find some replacement vials somewhere in the department, anyway, so it only cost me a couple of hours.  Who knows, maybe I will be able to show forgiveness and share the Gospel with someone through this situation.

As I reflect on it now, it does seem pretty silly to get worked up over melting some lids compared to Christ being crucified for all of my haneous sins.

Heavenly Father, may my attitude be transformed to be consistent with the attitude of your Son Jesus, in whom you are fully pleased.  Please forgive me for my unholy attitude, and make me clean.  Please use this situation to sanctify me and advance your Kingdom.  May I be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading, and may the Holy Spirit grow the fruit of the Spirit in me today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment