Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What do you think the Lord desires from us?

Leviticus 19-20

19:2... You must be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.
19:18 "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
20:7 So set yourselves apart to be holy, for I am the Lord your God. 8 Keep all my decrees by putting them into practice, for I am the Lord who makes you holy.
20:24 But I have promised you, 'You will possess their land because I will give it to you as your possession—a land flowing with milk and honey.' I am the Lord your God, who has set you apart from all other people.
20:26 You must be holy because I, the Lord, am holy. I have set you apart from all other people to be my very own.

HOLINESS!

Why then, are we so wrapped up in the things of this world?

Heavenly Father, please teach me to fear you and your holiness.  Holy Spirit, please convict me of sin and lead me in repentance.  Lord Jesus, please purify me.  Lord, please forgive me for desiring the things of this world instead of you.  Lord, please give me brokenness for not wanting the things that you want.  Please lead me to walk with you in purity.  You have promised a land flowing with milk and honey; Lord, I believe that you will take me there.  I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment