Friday, January 14, 2011

narrow path

Matthew 7:15-29

Jesus is the Narrow Gate.  And a tree is recognized by it's fruit, which means that if my life is producing the fruit of the flesh, then I may not be a true follower of Christ.  Then Jesus drops this bomb:

21 "Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' 23 But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

Heavenly Father, I want to do your will, but not just because that's the way to "get to Heaven".  I want to know you: Father, Son, and Spirit.  I want to be one with you - united in purpose and cooperating in movement.  Lord, please keep me on the narrow path, and anoint me with your Holy Spirit today so that I can love you and love people, be a witness for Jesus, and make disciples.  May your fruit be shown in my life for your honor and glory.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment