Thursday, January 20, 2011

tough love

Matthew 10:24-42

 37 "If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. 

Maybe for someone with a bad homelife, this wouldn't be that big of a deal.  But my parents are loving, godly parents, so I love them very much.  And now that I have a son... well, this is a very difficult statement.  In fact, it is even more difficult than evaluating relationships and love - it goes all the way back to your own estimation of the value of your life:

38 If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. 39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.

So how do I properly see my life as bought by the blood of Christ, and therefore already (but not yet) spent for Him and His Kingdom?  How do I love Him more than anything else and offer myself as a sacrifice to Him like He did for me?

Heavenly Father, thank you for Christ's sacrifice and the freedom that you bought for me.  Lord, please use my life as a sacrifice that is pleasing to you, and may I love you with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength so that your love will flow through me into my family and friends.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment