Monday, January 10, 2011

perfection

Matthew 5:17-48 
 
 You are the Salt and Light. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. Then He extended the law from actions only to apply to thoughts and attitudes, and He gave us a few case studies like anger and lust.  Then He raised the bar again:
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Unfortunately, if this was a high-jump competition, the bar just went from a tough 6'2" to an impossible 30,000'.
 
Heavenly Father, I need you.  Lord Jesus, I need you to crucify my flesh and resurrect yourself in me.  Holy Spirit, I need my heart, mind, and soul to be controlled by you and not my flesh.  Please set my mind on the Spirit today, and may I be obedient to you.  Lord, please make me perfect in Christ.  I ask in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment