Friday, January 28, 2011

so little faith

Matthew 14:22-36
 
Peter asked Jesus to call him out on the water, but then when Peter began to sink, Jesus asked him why he had so little faith.  I don't feel like I even have faith to jump out of the boat and walk on water in the first place.  How little my faith must be.
 
How do I get more faith?
Gal. 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
I think it is through obedience that we grow in our faith.
 
Heavenly Father, I want to know you.  Jesus, I want to know you.  Holy Spirit, I want to know you.  Maybe if I knew you, then obedience would be more obvious and simple.  Not necessarily easier, but at least more straight forward, because I would be able to see that obedience leads me closer to you.  Lord, please show me how to obey you in faith in my every day life.  How do I live in the body by faith today, Lord?  How do I know what you want me to do?  Your Word promises that there will be a voice that tells me which path to take; would you please speak to me today?  I love you, Lord, and I need you, because my life is a waste if it is outside of you.  Please draw me close to you so that I can know you and enjoy you.  And so that when you do call me out on the water, I will stay focused on walking with you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment