Friday, February 25, 2011

Jesus the servant

Mark 1:1-20
 
John the Baptist, Jesus's baptism and temptation, calling His first disciples, all within 20 verses.  No geneology, no birth or childhood stories - Mark is cutting to the chase: Jesus's ministry was servanthood.
 
Heavenly Father, please don't let me think of myself so important.  Lord, I want to walk with Christ.  I want to be like Jesus.  In is ministry here, He served others. That's what I want to do.  Lord, please deal with me, even if it makes me uncomfortable, and heal my deafness and dumness.  Lord Jesus, please use me as your hands and feet, and may I be a servant to others so that they will know that you are my Master.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Afsoon and Shapour,

    Thank you for your encouraging comment, and thank you for your comments about following Christ on your blog. May the Lord bless you, and we pray for peace in the middle-eastern countries these days.

    Grace and Peace,
    shane

    ReplyDelete