Monday, February 21, 2011

living according to the Word

Matthew 26:47-75
 
Even Jesus did:
 
53 Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?"
 
I was reminded of Phil. 2, which describes Jesus's humility to come to earth and obey the will of the Father, even to death on a cross.  I was also reminded of Mary's response to the angel when he told her that she was going to give birth to the Son of God, and she said, "I am your servant.  May it be to me according to your word."
 
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word which guides us, and I pray that we will live according to your Word in a relational way, not a religionist way.  Lord, thank you for hearing our prayers, and thank you for being our Father.  Thank you for taking care of us.  Please give us the grace of your presence when we walk the road of suffering, and may we honor you and follow you even in the middle of suffering. I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment