Thursday, February 17, 2011

faithful servant

Matthew 24:32-51

 45 "A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. 46 If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. 47 I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns. 48 But what if the servant is evil and thinks, 'My master won't be back for a while,' 49 and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? 50 The master will return unannounced and unexpected, 51 and he will cut the servant to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Heavenly Father, please let me be a faithful, sensible servant.  Lord, I want to be a good steward of the time, money, and relationships that you have given me.  Lord Jesus, I want to be waiting for you and expecting you when you return so that you will find me doing exactly what you want me to be doing for your Kingdom.  Lord, please help me stay focused and not get distracted with the things in this world.  I want my life to count.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment