Friday, February 18, 2011

watching and waiting

Matthew 25:1-30

I want to be ready when Christ comes so that I get invited to dinner:

10And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.

I think being ready means living a life full of the Holy Spirit and walking with Christ in every moment.  Through that lifestyle, I think we will be good stewards and make a good return on the Lord's investment in us:

23His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'

Heavenly Father, I want to have a soft heart to you.  Lord Jesus, I want to know you and be ready for you when you return.  Holy Spirit, please fill me today, and may I walk in the joy of life with you.  Please show your power and love through me so that others will come to know you, and may we be so devoted to you that the oil of your Spirit saturates the vessels of our souls.  I love you, Lord, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment