Friday, February 11, 2011

surrender

Matthew 21:23-46
 
The past few weeks, Greg's sermon series is titled, "The Forgotten Ways".  His first three sermons were about how we should BE: Spirit led, missional, and reproducing.  This past Sunday, Greg started the DO series, and he talked about surrender.  The point that I really appreciated was how surrender is both a one time, initial event, but it is also a continual, daily release, as well.
 
Last night we had our first Paseo Home group meeting, and I think it went really well.  Two other couples (Adam & Madelyn and Mark & Rachel) joined us for dinner and Bible study.  We talked about how Greg's challenge of surrender applies to our lives and how it connects with Mark 6:30-56 (Jesus feeds the 5000 and then walks on water).
 
I think surrenduring to Christ's authority is also shown in Matthew 21:
23 And when he entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came up to him as he was teaching, and said, "By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority?" ... 32For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. And even when you saw it, you did not afterward change your minds and believe him.  ...  42..."'The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; ...
Heavenly Father, I want to surrender every aspect of my life to your authority.  Lord Jesus, I want you to take full control of my life and lead me where you want me to go.  Lord, I want to produce fruit for you.  Please help me see you clearly and walk with you today.  Please flow through me into other people's lives.  I love you, Lord, please have your way.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment