Saturday, November 30, 2013

Focus on the Spirit, eternal

Two of my favorite passages:

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 NIV
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

We saw the Statue of Liberty on Wednesday, and I was reminded of the statement, "Freedom is not free."  Of course, our spiritual freedom is accomplished by the work of Christ; if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

It is easy to see and focus on the challenges of life day-to-day, but we have to keep an eternal perspective of things.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your presence of your Spirit.  Thank you for the freedom that you have given.  Lord, please help me keep my focus on you as you transform me into the image of Christ.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment